Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 2, 2005, 5:01 PM   #1

Thank You to all ! Your suggestions WILL be acted upon.

Thank You Again...

Warmly, Griz
Griz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2005, 9:56 PM   #2

The Wacom Intuos3 series are very good, they come in 4*5 to 9*12 inch in size.

They also have the very inexpensive entry level Graphire3 4*5 inch tablet this one is available at BestBuy for under 100$us

Once you've used one you won't ever want to use a mouse for graphics editing again :blah:

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2005, 11:45 PM   #3

Thank you very much for your time.

The only other thing I need at this time is some help in finding a site, person, book, etc. to educate myself in these tools.

I will be generating [mostly] original art pieces but will also be editng photos, as well as re-touching others ('sampling' ?)to enhance mine, etc.

That isto say: (Comparison)

How many makers? GOOD ones?

Which is best? Why?

Best features of whichever?

What, of which TRULY 'stinks' or never works correctly, etc.?

Where do the good/useful/workable/beneficial 'bells and whistles' start and stop and where does the hyperbolic B.S. start?

Finally, I need to learn 'HOW-TO' ! For financial reasons a formal set of classes is [not even] an option ! So, as usual, I must educate myself in one more thing. No problem - but one: I know NO ONE remotely interested, let alone knowledgable to ask for advice or enlightenment. - Even on a 'quid-pro-quo' basis. (I'm an architect, albeit an 'burned-out' architect looking to 'run-like-hell-from-it' !)

This leaves books: A [truly] GREAT company in Omtario, 'maranGraphics', publishes some of the FINEST books for self-learning (computers/related)I've ever even HEARD OF. But nary a word on G. Tablets. Though they DO have books on 'Photoshop', ans 'Photoshop Elements 3' and so forth, no mention of tablets - by ANY pseudonym I've noticed anyway.

These books DO live up to the claim of cutting through the wordy, 'mental masturbation' of the writer and give simple, step-by-step instruction in how to DO what you want to do !

Adobe's own stuff; Well; I've NEVER read more, (HAD TO) re-read, learned LESS for it, and experienced more 'sneaky' and overt advertizing &/or self-congratulatory, substaceless 'stuff' ANYWHERE !

So I come to you, the (compared to yours truly) experts for help. The info. given before was (much) more than I knew prior, but 'no cigar' I'm afraid...

Here's hoping SOMEONE can direct me further... (?)

Thank you all once again for your time...

Warmly, Griz
Griz1 is offline   Reply With Quote