Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 2, 2003, 8:35 PM   #1
Default Takin' the Kodak DX4330 back and staring over....

Like everyone else, I can't get low light photos with my Kodak. So....I am looking for a 3 megapixel around $350 with video (and audio, please) for mostly indoor photos of my cute little boys (they are fast....need an easy camera!) I mostly email, but I would like to print when I get the equipment in the future.

I didn't realize our house was so dark until I couldn't get that Kodak to focus....

Any recs?

kimberwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 15, 2003, 11:36 PM   #2
Default Common problem

Unfortunately, you might find no easy solution to this very common problem. A digicam with focus assist AF might help you get a focus lock in low-light but stopping action in low-light is another matter.

solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2003, 1:59 PM   #3

My Fuji 602 has 800ASA and 1600ASA at 1Mpix mode. OK that's not best res.quality, but on a 6X4 print using zoom, it gives a bit more shutter for indoor natural light, and fair pics if looked after in editing.

The alternatives are the expensive fast f1.8 lens cams. I'm sure the autofocus on my 602 uses its high sensitivity mode, before the shot.

Often the problem with candid indoor shots seems to be lack of defined vertical and horizontal edges in the scene - which is needed for AF to work, it's not just the low light. But there are tricks to work round the problem.
voxmagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2003, 2:41 PM   #4

One of the finest 3mp cameras is the Olympus C3040, 3mp, 3X optical zoom, and great optics for low light shooting. It also has movie function with sound.

I located two on Ebay

You can also look at www.dealtime.com
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote