Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 16, 2005, 2:54 PM   #1

I live near the ocean and like to take a lot of pictures by the beach. But lots of times there is a haze in the air. I want to make my pictures clearer and sharper. I have tried taking the pictures and than auto enhancing them once they are on my computer, but thean the colors are to dark and do not look natural. Is there something I can do to take clearer sharper pictures when there is a haze?
If I bought lenses, such as UV or polarizer lenses to attach to my camera would that help? If so which would work? Or if you have any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated.
ken212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 18, 2005, 7:15 AM   #2

Well you can use a UV filter, but it will also depend very much on what is the cause of the haze. If it is mostly air pollution (increasingly the case), then very little will help, except to wait for a clear day.

Here in Bangkok, it is 'normal' for the air pollution to make it difficult to just see clearly down the street. But some days I wake up and am greeted by a crystal clear day when you can see for miles and miles. Those are the best days for photography.

amazingthailand is offline   Reply With Quote