Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 25, 2005, 8:00 AM   #1

Hello all

I have just bought my C8080 which was delivered yesterday. Already I am worried and probably over paranoid.

A stupid relative of mine was looking at it and while it was off they pulled out the lens manually (pulled it out to the position it goes to hen switched on). They then pushed it back and it seems ok.

What I need to know is - is this likely to have damaged the lens??

Also when the camera is switched off and the lens is at its 'home' position, there is slight movement - left to right and out/in. Because the cam is new I didnt know if this was the case before. Can someone check for me?

I just dont want to return it un neccesarily as it was all done by post

andygoodyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2005, 4:40 AM   #2

I don't have that particular camera, but my Nikon 5700 does a little in-and-out bounce when it reaches home position when you turn it off.
As far as returning the camera -- how long is the warranty? Like the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". If there's anything really wrong with it, you'll know in short order. If the lens seems to respond well to being zoomed in and out -- you know, smooth, no grinding, stopping and starting when you want it to, focusing properly and if there's no weird artifacts in the pictures, it's likely okay. Just make sure that you file all your warranty information, proof of purchase, etc., in a safe place in case problems develop later.
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote