Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 21, 2003, 3:48 AM   #1
Default HELP what should i buy?

Hi all! I wanna buy a digital camera and this's gonna be my first so i'm quite a newbie. i want a small convenient one [how bout around the size of the canon 330?] but of cos no compromise on the quality of the pics. i'm looking out for the 4 or maybe 3 megapixels..

i read bout the sony battery being quite expensive to replace so guess i'm not getting a sony? But actually other than the battery problem, are there other problems with the sony cameras? Actually at first i wanted to get the F77.. Also, a friend said that the olympus design [the cover being joined to the cam itself] is like, not very desirable cos' after much use, the cover might be damaged after pushing open & close & open & close & ..... what do you think?

For the price range, hopefully it'll be lower than S$800 [maybe $900] which's around US$450-500 i think. but if cant get a good one in this price range, i suppose i can save up a lil more though.. HELP! Pls give me suggestions. thank you everyone!

PS oh and does every camera have a memory stick or something? cos i was thinking memory sticks'll be pretty useful... it's for storing the pics & we can just remove the 1st one & pop in a 2nd one if we finish storing in the 1st one, can't we?

PS2 Sorry sorry for such a long question....
rainie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2003, 2:20 AM   #2
Default comment

Look at the Nikon 4500. It just might fit the bill !

you can buy them for around $506 here in the US.

Jim Ghiringhelli is offline   Reply With Quote