Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jan 22, 2003, 2:39 PM   #1
Default S.O.S. A tiny particle inside the lens! Help!! (Dimage 7i)

Hello! I bought my first digital camera in December, a Minolta Dimage 7i. I live outside the US, but I bought it in the US because it is not available in my country. So far, I am very happy with my camera, but today while looking at the inside of the lens I noticed a very tiny white piece of something... I donīt know if it was there from the beginning or if it is some dust (?) that got inside (donīt know how, though).

I donīt notice anything in the pics, but I am worried about the presence of the tiny particle inside the lens...It would be very difficult for me to use the warranty, because I would have to send the camera to the US, so I donīt know what to do. So far it has not affected the quality of the pictures, but I am worried that it goes to the center of the lens (it is on the side). I have even been tempted to open the camera and take it out, but it may not be a good idea. I was wondering if I should take it to a repair shop so they take it out, but I donīt know if opening the camera could cause a greater damage. I need some advice!! Please help me!!

Rualina :lol:
Rualina is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2003, 3:12 PM   #2

Start by emailing Minolta and ask them what they think.
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2003, 3:43 PM   #3

I wouldn't worry about it... Go back and look @ your old 35mm SLR lenses... I'm sure it's better without the particle, but the camera does not focus on it and if you don't notice on the pictures why worry?
NHL is offline   Reply With Quote