Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 15, 2005, 4:56 PM   #1

I shoot alot of sports, and I'm alittle confused by the information on single servo vs continous servo. The manual states the following:

AF-S (Single)"If the subject was moving when the shutter release button was pressed haflway, the camera will track subject until focusing is complete(Predictive focus tracking)...

AF-C(Continous)"If the subject moves, foucus will be adjusted to compensate.(Predictive focus tracking)"

So which mode would be better for a situation where a football player is running directly at you, and you want to shoot a series of shots highspeed? Advanced thanks!
Ripsnort is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2005, 5:20 PM   #2

Suggest you re-post this in the Nikon area.

The features of each manufacturers' cameras vary. My experience with the Canon system (maybe not applicable to your Nikon) is that the predictive mode doesn't work as well as the manufacturer claims. The 'AF-S' mode correlates to continuous focus in Canonland.

Shooting a moving target is often enhanced in the burst mode... my Canon EOS-20D can capture five frames per second, a great way to capture just the right picture.
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote