Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Sep 15, 2005, 6:08 PM   #1

when i take pics on my EX-S500, the pics look great when reviewed on the LCD screen.... but when they are printed the pics look so dark...

whats the problem?

is it the photo developers fault?

what setting can be adjusted on the camera to brigten up the pics....

is there some software i can use to increase the brighness?
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 15, 2005, 11:29 PM   #2

Didn't you get basic image editing software with the camera?
Any editor will let you adjust the brightness and contrast of your pictures.
My first digicam (a Nikon cp 3100) displayed images on the LCD that were usually brighter than what I saw on the computer screen. Then I found a few simple instructions online on how to adjust my computer monitor's brightness and contrast to more proper levels and the difference wasn't so great anymore.
If you print your own stuff on a personal inkjet printer, you can play around with the pictures with the editor until you start getting good, consistent results in your prints. If you really want the best consistent results, you'll have to calibrate your whole system to perform to a certain standard.
If you use outside sources to print your pix, ask them if they will do minor corrections of your images before they print. A lot of places will just print "as is" because it's easier for them and for all they know, you might want your pix a little dark.
If you print from a kiosk, they usually give you basic editing tools to use right there in the machine before it prints. Ritz has a station that lets you crop the photo and make basic adjustments before it prints.
granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote