Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Feb 4, 2003, 1:07 AM   #1
Default hp photosmart 320- emailing pictures from computer

when i tried to email the pic after having downloaded from the camera into the computer i get the following errro:

"the microsoft mail post office could not be found on the server " C:/documents and settings/HP Authorized custom/my Documents/"

Be sure to enter the correct path to the post office. If you do not the correct path, contact your administrator.

What does the above statement mean?
kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2003, 6:46 AM   #2

What version of Windows are you running? Who is your Internet Service Provider (ie AOL, Earthlink, etc)?
gibsonpd3620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2003, 12:01 PM   #3

How did you try to email the photo? Did you use your usual email program or some other?

I wanted to email some pics with Olympus Camedia software because it could shrink the size of the files when mailed (without me having to shrink them and save separate files and email them as attachments).

When I tried to email the pics with the Camedia software it would not work with my Yahoo account (which I normally use)...I got a message back similar to yours...I checked with Yahoo and their email service only recognized certain Client Based email (i.e. Outlook or Eudora) but not just any Client (i.e. the Camedia program)

However when I tried it with my Roadrunner account, which I rarely use, they emailed just fine.

You may just have to edit and size them the way you want for mailing, then attach them as files with your usual mail program.

hope that helps
rych26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2003, 7:50 PM   #4

Sounds like the software is trying to use an external email program, like Outlook or Outlook Express. Do you have either installed??

Also, what OS? Sounds like the installation program installed this HP application as a different user. Are you logging onto your computer as "HP Authorized Custom"??
jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote