Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Feb 15, 2003, 2:23 AM   #1
Default more ripoff sites

Since Steve's post about 'ripoff' sites is 'locked' and I cannot post there, thought I'd share this.
Most of the complete rip-off, bait and switch merchants are in NY, Brooklyn especially. Just over a year ago, I had the misfortune of ordering a digicam from 'thecamerazone.com', located in Brooklyn, and after receiving the camera and unwanted, unordered accessories, at exhorbitant prices, I wasted countless hours trying to contact their customer service and finally had my credit card company come to bat for me. I did contact the BBB and had the satisfaction of knowing I helped turn this merchant's rating from 'acceptable', to 'non-acceptable'.
Here's a link to some of the comments by other buyers:
Well, it appears that they are no longer in business under that name, but pasting their url into your browser(thecamerazone.com) brings you to 'uniquephoto.com', who claim to be now situated in New Jersey, but there was only 1 posting at resellerratings for this merchant, hmmm, does something seem odd here?(Uniquephoto claims to have been in business since 1965)
So, buyer beware, and totally avoid 'uniquephoto' and other rip-off artists...in general, checking with www.resellerratings.com and www.bizrate.com will save you hours of grief!
Blessings, Johnny
marcoangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 18, 2003, 5:36 AM   #2

Yeah i don't know why that has been locked.

I's say steer clear of "solutions4digital" ... I bought mine off them in Brooklyn and it was a pain in the arse. The camera is great and came with the correct accessories (usb, software, adapter etc etc etc) but the added accessories (lenes, charger, batteries) are absolute crap and I am re-selling them or have thrown them out.
Alfisti is offline   Reply With Quote