Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Feb 28, 2003, 10:41 PM   #1
Default Fantastic website for help with photography!

Hi folks,

Ive been an avid reader here for years and then the forum for the last month. Yesterday I found this site :

And thought I'd share with the community, esp the newbs.

I myself can take photos with ease when set to AUTO and knew nothing of apeture, shutter speeds, ISO levels and F-stops. After spending a few hours on the above site I have a much better idea of things. Coupled with Steve's site and this forum I feel a lot more in control of what Im shooting!

Rikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 1, 2003, 10:58 AM   #2

Thanks, Rikki,

I have added that one to my bookmarks...I am going into overload right now trying to learn more about digital...I've got my camera to figure out, my cataloging software, photo-editing, and printing...

Resolution, compression, dpi, ppi, ppl, SHQ, HQ, purple fringing (that's lint, isnt' it)... :?

Seems like I am trying to do it all at once (whilst ignoring my other important projects...like getting my taxes done!)...

Don't really know where to start (well, ok...I started with the camera )

I've got all these web sites bookmarked to check out...haven't had time to explore them...

But I'm having lots of fun and the most valuable and interesting site I've found so far...the one I keep wanting to check... is this forum right here and the nice people in it.

Thanks Steve and everybody here!
rych26 is offline   Reply With Quote