Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Dec 28, 2005, 8:13 AM   #1

I just bought a DDV-720 (for my babysitter, actually) and rather than pick my way through the whole manual I was hoping you folks could help... first off, I am beginning to suspect that 6.6 megapixels on a hybrid is different than on a still camera. Is that correct? I had expected high quality still photos and instead they look like they were taken with a cell phone. Do I need to adjust my settings or do I need to live with grainy pictures? Elsewhere I see that it says 3.2 megapixels so I would expect it to take decent pictures even if that 6.6 means something different from what I expected. Am I missing something?

Also, the video only works when it is very light. Even at dusk you can't see anything other than outlined images. Again, I'm wondering if my settings need to be adjusted or if I can only take pictures in the light... I expected that the hybrid would produce lower quality stills and videos than separate units for each one. I did not expect it to be quite this bad, though. Any advice?
alisa29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links