Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 7, 2003, 1:09 PM   #11

I don't think you would be unhappy with either the S602Z or F717. It really doesn't take all that long to change a memory stick, and you can have a shirt pocket full of them - they are pretty small.

Actually, not that you have told me your use, I think the F717 might be the better choice. The F717 has a very fast lens and the best low light focus capability of any prosumer camera. Actually, it may have the best low light focus of ANY digital camera.

I have some of the best pro equipment (Canon EOS-1D, D30 - Kodak DCS-760, etc.) and the F717 with the holographic red grid focusing aid and the ability to use infrared focus is as good at low light focus as any of my pro equipment. Laser sharp focus with these and it can focus in total darkness.

Lin Evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2003, 1:20 PM   #12

Not to be redundant here, but thank you so very much for your help. I can't tell you how many hours I have spent just totally and untterly lost trying to sift through 5 zillion camera models and gobs and gobs (that's a lot!) of data trying to figure out what camera would best fit my budget/needs. So your help here has really saved me a lot of wasted time and effort. Thank you for taking the time to explain everything so that even an ultra novice like me would be able to understand. You've been most helpful.

I think your last post pretty much settles it for me. The F717 is calling me, I feel it! I'll do a little bit more checking around just to make myself feel better, but I'm fairly certain that is the one we'll go with.

Thanks again Lin!

VanBrown is offline   Reply With Quote