Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 11, 2003, 12:21 PM   #1
Default First time buyer overwhelmed with information

:? Having trouble picking what camera to buy mostly using for outdoor pictures in sunny and overcast days and outdoor night time pictures to capture landscaping lights that are installed.

Looking for I think 4-5 mega pixels or more if affordable
A LCD that looks great or at least good outside in sunny and over cast days that the monitor can be seen outside at night and low light condition. I am told that some cameras have a light behind the monitor to boost the monitor visibility. Also the flip monitor like on the G-3 to limit glare maybe might be good. I could always use the view finder but then Id be better off with my 35 mm camera.

What I think I have picked what is available in my area and affordable.

Cannons Powershot A 45 - good 4 mega pixels for price sturdy solid body no noises told form all the reviews. Only thing I donít like is the fact that is the battery which is expensive to replace or get an extra one and not widely available. Also the Macro zooms seem to be quite poor quality. Anything else good and not so god things please post for me.!?!

Sony DSC-P92 which is similar to the Sony DSC-P9 but is 5 mega pixels and is a bit more here and memory cards are more and harder to get since it is Sony it seems to me like Sony is like apple computers no upgrades and only there products can be used which if they changed would probably be cheaper to the consumer I would think.

Well that is it I hope u can give me anything else or other cameras that u have found are good waiting for replies thanks Steve for a great informative website
matt81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2003, 1:05 PM   #2

A LCD that looks great or at least good outside in sunny and over cast days
No such beast, you'll need a viewer shade thing.

Take a long hard look at the Oly 4000, Oly 730 and Oly 5050 too.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote