Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 19, 2003, 10:57 AM   #1
Default Olympus C-4000 Sync Cord and UV Filter

I recently purchased the Olympus C-4000 and have a Sunpak 522 flash that I want to use with this camera. The original Sunpak 522 sycn cord that goes into the flash has the thin male end. Which Olympus sync cord do I need to buy to synchronize the C-4000 with this flash?

Also, can I put a straight UV filter on this lens without buying an adapter, and if so what mm filter should I buy?

Thank you to anybody that responds!
Georenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2003, 12:19 PM   #2

I'll answer the UV filter question.

You may have noticed that the lens barrel extends when the camera is turned on. As such, you can't screw on a filter directly to the camera without an adapter, since the screw-on threads on the C-4000 are on the lens barrel mount that does not extend with the lens.

You'll have to get an Olympus CLA-1 adapter and a step-up ring (just the CLA-1 by itself will not clear and lens barrel), or something like the Tiffen adapter (for 43-46mm).
Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2003, 12:58 PM   #3

While I'm at it: if you click on the PBase link on my signature section, it'll take you to my photos on PBase. There's a gallery there that shows how external lens mount and filters/converters work with the C-4000.

Good luck!
Hyun is offline   Reply With Quote