Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 30, 2003, 1:45 PM   #1
Default Is it worth the extra $100 for 3 MP?

I am trying to decide between the Canon Powershot A60 and A70. The big difference between the two is that the A60 is 2.0 MP and the A70 is 3.1 MP.

99% of my prints will be 4x6 size.

Will I really notice a difference between a 4x6 2 MP print at the best quality setting compared to a 3 MP 4x6 print at the best quality setting?
Salvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 31, 2003, 2:03 AM   #2

no...with that size...it doesn't matter...but if you are like me...then i would go with the more expensive one....you never know...you might print bigger....then no regrets then....better to have too much then not enough
mrdinh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2003, 2:01 PM   #3

I would also go with the 3 megapixel. You may really like a pic and want an enlargement, or if you edit a picture say in photoshop or similar software and crop it and make adjustments and then bring it back to a 4x6 the extra dpi will be worth it. I have an Olympus D550 3meg and got it for under $300 and have been impressed with the quality of the pictures. I believe the new model is out or coming out shortly D560. Looking back I would have paid the extra money to get a camera with manual control over my aperture and shutter speed.
morr1s is offline   Reply With Quote