Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:19 PM   #1

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and I have just bought a FinePix S5200.

I am running WIndows XP and I have no other issues with t computer.

I keep getting a error message:

F:\ is not accessible

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error

I have looked all over the internet for solutions, downloaded the newest drivers and also tried the autoplay.exe and nothing seems to work. I downloadedFuji's software that came with the camera and then like it says, connected the camera AFTER installing the software. I am running out of ideas and fuji says it's not their problem and that the camera is functioning properly, in which I agree. PLEASE HELP I AM AT MY WITS END !!!

Thanks for any and all replies, Duane
dudewayne69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 20, 2006, 9:02 PM   #2

I am not familiar with the Fuji, so I'm going to guess that you are connecting camera via USB cable. Since windows is saying it is not accessible, it is apparently seeing it as being connected. Very often this problem is caused by using a USB hub with another device attached. If this is the case, try connecting camera by itself.

Another possibility is a bad USB cable. If you know someone with another camera, try borrowing his cable to test.

If worse comes to worst, you may need to use a card reader to get you pictures onto computer. They are not too expensive, and some people recommend them even if the USB works, simply because they are faster than cameras, usually.

VTphotog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2006, 9:33 AM   #3

Another reason to use a card reader ... you don't drain your camera batteries whentransferring pictures.
JockScott is offline   Reply With Quote