Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Mar 27, 2006, 2:39 AM   #1

I'm still pretty green when it comes to using digital cameras. One thing I do know is I hate it when I take a picture where it turns out blurry even though the movement of my subjectwas minimal.

Question: I saw a TV commercial a short time ago that advertised that the camera was designed to capture your kid while playing soccer or riding his/her bike. Does anybody know what camera they were referring to?

Thanks, I'll see ya around!
Spider Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 28, 2006, 1:34 PM   #2

I think it was some sort of Fuji camera, I will look around and see if I can find which one .
SuzF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2006, 11:35 PM   #3

I don't know about the TV commercial but Fuji is the best at capturing action because it has the highest ISO performance. The F10 and (later but not sold in US) F11 and (soon to be released) F30 have big followings and take gorgeous pix shown on DPReview's Fuji forum. Those are all (I think) 4x zoom. The s5200 (s5600 outside US) has 10x zoom. I recently got the latter in hope of photographing wildlife and letting my son photograph baseball. Have yet to put it to the test but no other compact would be able to do sports as well, based on the basics of long zoom, high ISO, and relatively high lens speed (f/3.5 at full zoom).
ChrisBrewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2006, 3:13 PM   #4

yip as mentioned by others i think it would be a fuji. they are pushing hi iso-lo noise photography big time at the mo. Now hi iso will result in hi shutter which wil result in lo or no motion blurring.

It could also be a canon advertising the 350d. Here in NZ we have seen an increase in canon advertising on fast shutters as Dslr can also use extremely hi iso with very little noise.

Thts all it would be. A hi iso cam.\

kenmck15 is offline   Reply With Quote