Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 7, 2003, 8:01 AM   #1
Default olympus d-560

HI, I am thinking about buying my first digital camera for mainly family pictures and to use on ebay. The new olympus D-560 looks good to me. What is the consensus. Ben
Beng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2003, 4:02 PM   #2

Beng, just about any good 2MP camera with at least a 3x optical zoom will be suitable for the applications you mentioned. The Olympus is a good choice. If you get the opportunity to get some "hands on" experience with it in a store, it may help you to decide. I would personally prefer a camera that takes AA batteries over one with proprietary batteries. You'll probably want to get at least one extra set of batteries, because most digital cameras are high drain devices. Extra memory cards is a consideration, and as you get further into it, more questions will pop up. Just select the appropriate forum and post it. I hope this helps!
lg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2003, 9:48 AM   #3

I have the Olympus D550 and it is easy to use and takes excellent pictures. I wish I would have spent the extra money and purchased a camera with some manual controls over the shutter speed and aperture, but other than that I think it is an excellent camera.
morr1s is offline   Reply With Quote