Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 9, 2003, 2:21 PM   #1
Default Canon S820 size/ratio print ?

After going to all the posts, I 'settled' on this printer vs the i950. Got it yesterday. All I can say is thanks to all who have commented on it, because it makes incredible prints - and I saved a bundle on an open box unit.

I have not had time to read the manual, so I apologise if it's plainly there, but I'm at work now, so there's no time to read anyway.

I printed 3 4x6 prints, the first setting was borderless in display properties.

I now understand something about the camera ratio vs the print size, because I lost some of my image on the first print.

I messed with the optomiser setting on the 2nd shot. No color improvement.

Then I printed with smaller settings - unchecked borderless box - which gave me a full image, with a border.

I saw a setting to increase size of shot by percentage. So I raised it to 105%. I was hoping to increase the picture size, so that the vertical image would use all the paper, and I'd just crop the two sides.

The Canon software always shows a preview, before printing. There was NO CHANGE in the displayed image vs the previous shot. It was getting late. I was frustrated. So i didn't bother to print, or invetigate further. I gave up... until I get home tonight. If I were to guess, it's almost like the image is being processed by another Canon application that is overiding my settings. Possible? Has anyone experienced this? Is what I'm trying to do even realistic?
Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links