Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 9, 2003, 3:26 PM   #1
Default digicam choice of two

Help, I am torn between three cameras, the olympus d 560 and the sony P-72. and the Canon A-70 I like them all, I am not a camera buff, please give me the benefit of your expertise. I am ready to buy. ( I think) Ben
Beng is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 9, 2003, 4:26 PM   #2

I have done a lot of research over the last couple of weeks. The 3 cameras you have listed are ones I have checked out. The Canon A70 has a low light focus assist lamp that will help the camera focus in low light conditions. the P-72 and the D-560 don't have a low light assist. I just purchased the A-70 (and a fuji s602!). My reasons for choosing the A70 as my carry around point and shoot camera were because of the low light assist, many auto and manual controls, and I like the size and feel in my hands.

All 3 cameras you have listed are great cameras and I had a hard time making my choice. I hope this helps!
SSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2003, 7:43 PM   #3

any particular brand that you favor from those mentioned?
Hawkeye12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2003, 12:31 AM   #4

I too prefer the a70 for much the same reasons as ssd, but in the end the choice is yours. Which do you like better, go to an electronics store an try 'em out then go with the one that you like better and feel more comfortable with.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote