Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 12, 2003, 1:56 AM   #1
Default A70 and low-light indoor pictures????

Hi all!

I was finnaly making my mind upon going for the A70 instead of a Sony P72, when i started to read some old posts from this forum complaining about A70 lack of quality on low-lighted indoor enviromnets....

thats basically the SAME reason why i gave up the P72: i tested a P7 for a few days and found that it produces excellent pictures, as long as you're not indoors and in a low light room, where the pics will look dull, noisy, grainy and lacking definition. Also, overall, the sony is a bit dead on the colors. they tend to look washed out.

I was happily geared towards the recently discovered A70, just to find out on this forum that it seems to suffer from the SAME problem, that was called here "softness"....

So, i'd like to hear from A70 users how bad the camera is under low light enviroments, indoor pics. 99,99% of my pics will be taken indoors, at light, in low light envionments (kids).

Any URL with samples of the so called softness issue would also be appreciated!!

thanks a lot!

maafbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2003, 2:26 PM   #2

Ever notice how the only comments you ever see on the a70 are bad, despite great reviews from pretty much every site out there (i.e. steves-digicams, dcresource and so on) My theory on this is that the satisfied users are out taking pictures 8) . Softness probably refers to the focus and I've heard some negative comments about the 5pt autofocus system. I'd suggest trying the camera at your local electronics store with center focus enabled since this will give you an idea of how the camera will work in indoor lighting.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote