Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 13, 2003, 12:23 PM   #1
Default Newbie questions

I just bought my first digital camera Minolta Dimage S404. I also got 256 MB CF card and NiMh batteries, and a CF reader (to transfer files faster). So I think I'm pretty good eqiped. What I'm not sure about is what kind of software to use? As I understand Minolta uses some different color space and images must be converted with Dimage Viewer to see it correctly? I got version 1.1 and it looks very ugly. So my question will some other software convert that or I'm stuck with old Dimage Viewer? If some other can do it, does anyone has suggestions for a software that I can use to automatically fix colors and everything? I don't have time or knowledge to do many pictures by myself so some kind of software that I can pass all images thru and save them on CD would be great.
Also, if I want to take those pictures to print them do I still have to convert them, or I can take my CF card directly to print shop and their machine will do the job?

Does anyone know if LCD can be set not to turn on when I turn on camera? Everytime I turn on camera LCD turns on, but I would like it to stay off until I manually turn it on?

princo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 13, 2003, 1:37 PM   #2

As for the first part of the question, you can just use the minolta software to change the pictures to rgb, save it and then open it on something like photoshop and edit the photo from there. I hear you can also import directly to another program, but that will yeild less than satisfactory results.
ardvark50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2003, 4:17 PM   #3

Thanks, but can some other software like Phtoshop convert colors to RGB, or exclusively Minolta Dimage Viewer can do it?
Reason is that if only Dimage Viewer can convert it I'm going to buy version 2 since I got version 1 with my cam. If some other software can do it then I won't throw money to Dimage Viewer.
princo is offline   Reply With Quote