Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 20, 2003, 8:55 PM   #1
Default Help which one I buy, coolpix 2500 or olympus d-520

I'm between a nikon coolpix 2500 and an olympus d-520.
Which one is better. I saw some pics at steve's review and the nikon look better, Is that absolutly right. Do both cameras have the same features.
Please help me I'm waiting for your answer to make up my mind.
Thanks a lot
gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 21, 2003, 6:19 AM   #2

I'd like to help but I'm unfamiliar with the cams you mention.

Ultimately you must decide yourself by being clear in your own mind what you are looking for and then carefully studying what's available and fits best.

Both will take good pics.
steve6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2003, 12:58 PM   #3

I was pretty happy with my D-520, although I am a lot happier with my new D-560 now. Much faster, bigger LCD, and it doesnt have the lag in flash recycle time like the D-520. If you can live with waiting about 10 seconds for each shot, then go for it, otherwise I would recomend the D-560.
My father has the Coolpix 2000, and it works OK as well. Some of the things with his camera that I dont like are that it does not have a view finder, you can not rotate the picture while it is in the camera which doesnt sound that bad but if you display the picture on a tv the pic can be sideways if you took a vertical picture, and the low light pictures that come out of it all the time. I do like that it is very fast, and easy to use. Besides the flip around LCD/lens on the 2500, I think the 2000 and the 2500 are very similar.
I thought the pics were very close between cameras although the Nikon had a Bluish tint to the outside pictures making them a little off color
Good luck
djkothbauer is offline   Reply With Quote