Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Apr 25, 2003, 10:48 AM   #11

Poor Honey I know what you mean!

I have got to the point of overload and thinking "could I do without a digital camera?"

I have a flat bed scanner, but I am lazy and never get round to scanning in photos. All my pics are stuck in evelopes in the cupboard.

I would like to email pics to my uncle iand cousins in New Zealand. and storing digital photos on a CD is dead cheap and there are no processing charges. I also like the idea of occasionally printing out photos and displaying different ones in frames and alternating them each month say.

I also have a great interest in gardening and garden design and would like to take this up as a career in the future and feel a digital camera would be excellent for research etc. ( I would need to do a gardering course somewhere).

Another reason for buying a digicam is that my father recently had too mild heart attacks and ended up having a triple bypass operation, whilst on holiday in Tenerife. I don't have that many pictures of my family and would like to take more for prosperity (especially as my Gran is 93 this year!)

I have been to the shops today looking at cameras and liked the Canon A70 very much out of all I looked at.

They did not have the minolta in yet to look at.

I held the Nikon coolpix 3100 and did not like how it felt in my hand. It was quite square, the same height as the Canon but felt uncomfortable and didn't feel wide enough. There was not enough width of camera to get hold of. Being a lady I don't have large hands but do have longish fingers and the Nikon felt awkward.

I looked the Olympus Camedia C-720UZ which is being phased out. It was big, had a separate lens cap (which I might lose) and when switched off because of its 8 optical zoom the lens poked out which would make any case you have bigger.

I think I might go for the Canon.

Still thinking mind!
Carrie is offline   Reply With Quote