Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 7, 2006, 8:57 PM   #1

am intending to buy the kodak easyshare v530 to replace my current canon powershot A400.

my canon takes ages to do anything, even with an empty memory, andoften (mainly at nightclubs/concerts) completely refuses to focus. have missed hundreds of great photo oportunities as a result.

was wondering if anyone has had experience with the v530 in those situations (arena concerts etc), and what the image quality is like, also how long it takes to a) focus and take the photo and b) for the camera to be ready to take the next photo (after its flashed)

have looked at various figures and am just confused as am a bit of a novice. ive read reviews suggesting quality isnt always great, but im just looking for something a little better than my current camera which is only 3megapixels anyway

the main problem with the canon is its refusal to focus in strange lighting situations, so would just like to check the kodak will be a better choice. esp without changing settings. i need the camera to function satisfactorily immediately when its switched on, as i dont want to be messing with settings in the middle of a concert.

would appreciate some help on this, thanks

nb, if the v550 would be notably better in these situations would consider that as an alternative, but would rather save money.
tearscrynomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links