Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 11, 2006, 7:53 AM   #31

I've used my canon IP3000, winkflash.com, and whcc.com

Of these options the cheap canon did a decent job but was the worse of the 3. winkflash does a decent job. whcc does a GREAT job.

I would recommend everyday stuff (even if large prints) to winkflash. Anything really special (that once in a lifetime type shot, or whatever) to whcc.com. They simply are the best I have scene.

whcc isn't the cheapest or most user friendly. They cater to the pros (although I am not one). The easiest way to use them is to download their ROES software for ordering. They have many sizes available and will trim your prints to any size you want. They REQUIRE you to post process you image and interpolate to 300 dpi (unless your doing a large print, they'll interpolate for you if you want). They basically print exactly what you give them and will follow custom instructions. winkflash is automated and does not have a "personal touch" if you will.

I use both, but I am most impressed with whcc. They also have finishing services too. I hear mpix.com is quite good too. Looking at their site they offer similar paper and services to whcc. I haven't tried them yet though.
nelmr is offline   Reply With Quote