Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jun 5, 2006, 12:48 AM   #1

Hello - I'm new to digital cameras and recently purchased the SD700IS. Within 7 days the mode wheel was grinding/sliding rather than "clicking" into place. I returned it to Best Buy and it was replaced as defective. Now with the2nd camera I am getting horizontal white/blue streak-lines across the LCD when I am pointing the camera at a subject that is backlit (for example pictures of my kids in the car). I took a couple photos under similar conditions w/ the 1st camera and did not notice these light streaks. Sometimes these streaks show up on the photo in review mode and other times they don't. I'm wondering if this is normal or if this is another defect. Since I'm so new to digital, I don't know what's normal and what's not! Thanks for your assistance!
ebeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 8, 2006, 11:04 PM   #2

I see your post is a few days old, but I will tell you what I think, and in this case I am right. If you buy a new camera and it is under warranty and does not work perfectly and deliver good shots clear of blue streaks or any thing else that does not belong, then you have to take it back, and yes you may get several in a row that are defective. It is not unheard of. Good luck

Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote