Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:15 PM   #11

the TCON-17F 1.7x telephoto conversion lens might make it easier to get a shallower DOF than the built-in lens alone, but at around $100.00 (plus $25.00 for the CLA-9 lens adapter tube) it's an expensive experiment.

If there is somewhere local that sells these accessories, you're best bet might be to bring your camera to the store and ask to try out a demo model right there and see what the pix look like. If you have to buy from somewhere first, make sure that they have a liberal return policy so that you aren't stuck with a lens that doesn't do what you want it to do.

granthagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2006, 11:58 PM   #12

thanks a lot for all your help....now i need to learn what everything i my camera is because dont know half the settings what it means...for example aperature size and the point of the fdifferent shutter speed and all that
sco0b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2006, 12:11 PM   #13

I have the olympus sp 350, too, and it can be done with this camera. I've done it, but still working on it. I'll look through my pics and see what I can come up with and post. I'm still learning all the 'real' photography stuff and depend heavily on the auto and preset settings. That's one reason I chose this camera. It can do all the manual photography stuff, but has the presets and auto for me so while I'm learning, I can still get some good shots of the family and such. I have gotten some pretty good pics macro and super macro (I think that's what it's called) setting and a tripod.
mrslevite is offline   Reply With Quote