Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > Newbie Help

Old May 15, 2003, 10:54 AM   #1
Default Digital Camera + Color Printer Question

After being overwhelmed by the number of choices in regards to cameras and printers, I have a few questions.

1. Printer: I am looking for a color printer to print a combination of photo images and general colored documents. I already have a laser printer, so this is strictly for color projects. I looked at the Canon i850, but recently have reviewed the i950, which appears to be a better choice. I read allot of good things about photo prints from the i950, but will it also print good colored documents? I like the additional 6 colors as compared to the i850, but I'm hoping that the speed is not that dramatic as compared to the i850.

2. Camera: I am looking for my first digital camera to basically take general pictures for personal use and web design projects. I have my mind set on either the Canon G2 or G3. This is more camera than I need, but is it worth the extra money? Also, is there a major difference between the G2 and G3 models, for the extra price. I would also like the camera to be able to capture short movie clips, so I can use it to animate objects for my web projects.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks! 8)
optvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 16, 2003, 2:46 AM   #2

Hi: I can't even begin to say enough good about the Canon i950. Most excellent for photos and even some generalized color work that I do with it. I thought I had a power problem with it a while back (which I found out later was my outlet), I called Canon around 3pm Pacific time. At 11am the next day a replacement arrived!
Mike Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2003, 6:24 AM   #3

I have been very happy with my i950...I wish that I could do as good a job taking photos as it does in printing them...

I don't use it for documents but I test printed a couple just to answer somebody else's question and it seemed to print them out just fine.

Don't know much about the cameras you asked about...Good luck.
rych26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2003, 6:31 AM   #4

Consider having a look at the Epson 895 printer as well. I use one, mainly for image printing, and I'm very happy with the results.
checklg is offline   Reply With Quote