Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > News Discussion

Old Nov 5, 2011, 10:35 PM   #31

So sad to hear of this. I knew Sarah from another site and it was she that brought me here. I will continue to miss her as I have since she stopped posting.
Bynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:56 AM   #32

This is really sad news. I noticed her absence and had been worried. She was such a sweet person and so helpful. My thoughts go out to her husband and her family.

- Diana
purpleehobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:56 PM   #33

.....sad news indeed, thanks LTZ470 and Jim C for the information. I too had missed Sarah's posts but like many others felt it may be due to Bradley's health, not hers.
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:19 PM   #34

Note that we've also published an article in the Breaking News section on the main page at http://www.steves-digicams.com. Here's a direct link to it:

I wish we would have known about her issues sooner, as she never let on that she was having any personal problems (and that's typical of Sarah, never complaining).

May she rest in peace.
JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:08 PM   #35

I just glanced at the front page and noticed this post announcing the sad news of Sarah's passing.

Like any frequent visitor to Steve's, I got to know Sarah quite quickly. Full of beans, opinions, and quick to get her hackles up if she felt that someone was questioning her suggestions. But, soon I learned she was full of sincere intent to help anyone that asked for it. Always ready to offer her help, especially to a new visitor to this site.

Her passing is a great loss to this community. I only wish we had found out sooner.

My sincerest and most heartfelt condolences to her family and loved ones.

Zig Guzikowski

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:08 PM   #36

I am saddened to hear this. My condolences to all her family and friends. Her insights will be missed.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:25 PM   #37

Indeed a great lady and so helpful to so many. We should definitely keep her husband (and all her family & friends) in our prayers!
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:23 PM   #38

I, too, will miss Sarah. Yes, she was helpful and informative, and sensitive to other forum members' budgets and ambitions. What I liked was the fact that she had personally bought and/or used so many cameras. So somebody would ask if an FZ35 or Canon SX10 was a better camera and she would say that she had bought and tried both and ended up liking this one better because ... It was like walking into a digital camera store with cameras for the last 10 or 15 years and asking "Well, what is this one like?" and the salesperson saying, "Well, this one came out 3 years ago and it was good because ... but had this one drawback.". Kind of a walking encyclopedia or Wikipedia of digital photography. And, unlike other very knowledgeable photo enthusiasts, she didn't seem to have a bias towards one brand of camera.
robbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 8:09 PM   #39

I am very sad to learn of Sarah's passing. Thank you all for calling attention to her passing. We have all noticed her absence which is a tribute to her numerous contributions and an illustration to how many lives she touched in her love of photography second only to her family. She was dedicated in helping others pursue their passion and inspired many to go beyond their comfort zone.
I purchased an item from Sarah which turned out to be the wrong item....an error on her part. She instantly corrected the problem and not only sent me a replacement but included a gift for her mistake which was unexpected and unnecessary. However, that's the kind of lady she was....a definite class Act. I am very sorry and certainly wish all the best to her family.
Olympus E-PL5 45mm 1.8, 60mm macro and Panny 25mm 1.4

Canon 5D III
50mm 1.2 L l 24-70 F2.8 L l 70-200 F4 L l 40mm 2.8 l 100mmL 2.8 macro

Shutterbug74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:41 AM   #40

At a loss for words . . .

Kelly Cook
KCook is offline   Reply With Quote