Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digicam Help > News Discussion

Old Apr 24, 2012, 3:54 AM   #1
Default dvd/vhs

I have some store-bought VHS tapes that are taking up space that I'd like to convert to DVD and DVR (cable box) to DVD . Some or all of them are undoubtedly copy-protected. I intend to keep the tapes as long as I have the copies, but I want to put them in storage. If not, is there another way to do this?
leomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 27, 2012, 7:38 AM   #2

Just as you can't copy commercially made video tapes to another VCR due to Macrovision anti-copy encoding, the same applies to making copies to DVD. DVD recorders cannot bypass the anti-copy signal on commercial VHS tapes or DVDs. If a DVD recorder detects the anti-copy encoding on a commercial DVD it will not start the recording and display some sort of message either on screen or on its LED front panel display that it detects the anti-copy code or that it is detecting an unusable signal.
However. I can recommend one firm which can solve it. I have found here such site http://***********/****/****.html.
They have a device - ****, I heard that with its help it is possible to block protection DVD and satellite tv-channels and to write down transfers on the dvd. It removes Macrovision.
den22705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27, 2012, 9:00 AM   #3

What a coincidence, with the original poster (leomo) and you both using the same Internet Service Provider with IP addresses within the same range, located in the same city and country (far away from the U.S.), and you were able to find this thread and help out with a link to a commercial product.

That's really nice, since both of you only made one post and you joined just to help out. Yea, right. ;-)

We do not appreciate spam here, and do we not allow our forums to be used for commercial purposes. So, you've both been banned, and all future links to the site and product you're promoting are being blocked, no matter the member that posts them.

I sometimes do that to discourage more repeat spam promoting the same sites and products when I see new members using tricks like asking members questions so that the answer will promote a product for commercial purposes, often coming from the same person or company that asked the original question, which I think really stoops to the lowest levels as far as a company's ethics.

Go Away. You are not Welcome Here.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote