Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 20, 2006, 12:45 AM   #21

I made a decission to replace 18-135 by "Nikon AF-S DX VR 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED".

$500 more, but I hope it worth it.

Keep us posted of the place you pick it up from. I am looking for one too and the least I see is $749.00 and it is back ordered.

vskanetkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 20, 2006, 5:02 AM   #22

I was surprised by my work when they decided to pay out some vouchers to people who did lots of hours overtime. I got £600 and when looking at where I could use em - I saw you could use them at jessops. So, down I went (with a print out from warehouseexpress) and got the d80 body only for £569.

There is no doubt that this camera is awsome, I've had little chance to test it yet though, it's first real test will come tomorrow at a soccer game. It seems much the same size to the d50 but the screen is HUGE and the menues are much clearer and easier to use than the d50.

I'll be able to properly say if the "upgrade" would have been worth it come tomorrow. One thing I'm particularly excited about is the increased ISO control and dual command dials for quickly manually adjusting exposure.

Oh and it feels solid. I thought the d50 was solid, but this feels like a massive rock. Not heavy, but completely together.
StevenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 3:37 PM   #23

I agree with the softness characteristics.I'm liking the camera more, more, I am learning how to compensate.I have had no issues with AF and my Sigma 10-20mm.

I am finding that the D series Nikkor lenses bring out the best this camera has to offer.

If ... My budget permitted. Yes, the D200 would have been my 1stchoice.

Look at the fantastic color. [no flash]
Attached Images
starriderrick is offline   Reply With Quote