Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 11, 2006, 5:37 PM   #1

I would like to control the Nikon D80 remotely. It seems as if this can be done using Nikon software, but I would like to get around using a GUI. Does anyone know of software which would enable me to control simple camera functions (ie shutter release, and image download) via command line? I am using the camera and photogrammetry software to monitor a lab test. So, if I were able to gain control through a command line, I would beable to sync the camera to the other applications running on my desktop.
cholub is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 20, 2006, 1:32 PM   #2

Other than the software "Nikon Capture/Camera Control", which I do not know is capable of remotely contralling a D80 the only other option my be to look for something that runs under Linux... Here is a place to start for that:

Again - not sure about D80 compatability...

Looks like this Linux software is compatible w/D200

joeybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 1:41 PM   #3

Ideally, I am looking for a windows application as the photogrammetry software is windows based. I have had great luck using DSLR Remote Pro from Breeze Systems in combo with the canon rebel XT:

But, I am making the switch to Nikon cameras for other reasons and DSLR remote pro is only good for canon cameras.
cholub is offline   Reply With Quote