Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 16, 2006, 7:28 PM   #1

What memory card does everyone recommend for the D80. Would the standard Sandisk (or other brands standard) cards work, or do you need something like the Ultra II or Extreme III cards? I won't be shooting fast action subjects, mostly just nature & landscapes, and some family photos. Thanks.
Nikonman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 17, 2006, 12:50 AM   #2

Assuming you don't make your living taking pictures, you should be fine with standard stuff. I've read people use the generic stuff with no problem also. I use Ultra II since I got them from Costco for less, but I rarely do continuous shooting. When I do, my problem is usually slow focusing with D50 rather than slow memory card.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:59 PM   #3

I own a D50 and I use SD cards from Lexar, SanDisk, Transcend - and another brand - can't recall it's name...

If you are looking for the absolute best deal on SD cards then look to newegg.com

I bought a 1 GB SANDISK ultra II plus For 32.99 and they shipped it to me in 3 days for an additional 5.00 - that is less than 1/2 of what BestBuy and Circuit City want for this card...

Check Newegg's prices on flash media - you won't be disappointed - I have made at least 5 purchases from this company - computer parts, etc. They are reliable, package their products well and ship speedily and they have great prices... I got my SanDisk card delivered from California to Pennsylvania in 3 days for $5.00

If you have quaestions about where to buy, check ressellerratings.com and see what other consumers say about most any retailer - both on + off line...

joeybob is offline   Reply With Quote