Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:40 AM   #1

I am not exactly sure which one to get. I am not even sure if I have the right name for it. OK, my dad and I went to this tapingof ashow a couple of months ago. There were photographers walkingdown the aisles taking pictures with big flashes like the SB-600.This one girl had this whiteplastic coveringover one of the flashes. (Notentirely over the flash; it was just covering the top of the flash.)It looked like a square box, kind of. When she took the picture, she used the flash, but you never saw the "actual" flash. What was she using? I was wanting to get one for my flash. I hope you know what I am talking about. Please reply!! Have a great day! God bless!

- TheCartoonist

It looked like this:

TheCartoonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2006, 11:50 AM   #2

That's a diffuser. SB-800 comes with one, while with SB-600 you have to get it separately, or you buy a 3rd party diffuser. B&H currently have a $20 off of SB-800, and Nikon has an additional $10 rebate, which, in my opinion makes it a better deal than the SB-600. I recently bought one and just now learning to use it.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote