Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Dec 14, 2006, 6:30 PM   #1

This might be in the book somewhere and I have just overlooked it. When not using the flash the shutter seems to fire as soon as you click the button. When using the flash you click the button, then it turns on the nifty light that helps focus and then a second or two later it decides to fire. How can I stop that light from slowing the shutter release? I turned off the autofocus assist as I thought that was it. I am still geting this.

Is this the red eye reduction helper? I like that feature, but if that is what is slowing the shutter then I can fix that later.

anm8ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 15, 2006, 1:15 AM   #2

Thats just the autofocus assist light, which means the camera knows its too dark to focus without more lighting so it lights that up

So what is taking its time is the camera trying to get an autofocus lock, IF you really want quick responses flip the switch so your camera manually focuses, Then it will always fire right away

You probably noticed the difference because you only really use the flash in low lighting so Thats when its hard for your camera to get an AF lock.
Lexiticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 2006, 8:48 AM   #3

Make sure you're not in red eye reduction mode, the eyeball and thunderbolt flash icon. You should have the thunderbolt flash only for best results.
Bob Nichol is offline   Reply With Quote