Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 7, 2007, 1:41 AM   #1

I'm new to all this. Basically, I need a digital slr that can be attached to a computer via USB 2.0, adjust settings, snap the picture with the camera (or remote) and then have the picture uploaded to the computer automatically. From the reading I've done, the "nikon capture" program will do this, at least for nikon Dslrs. I'm not sure though, if you hook it up to the USB can I still snap pictures with the remote or on the camera, or would it force me to do everything through the comptuer? I hope that makes sense.

Also, I'm having a hard time figuring out what types of nikon cameras work with each program. Or even what the most recent version is. For example, would "nikon capture 3.0" work on the newere d40 or d50? Nikon capture 4.0? The reason I ask is mostly due to economics, 3.0 is much cheaper than some of the others (but not if its not supported!).

Thanks for any help you all can provide...
I know this is mostly a nikon viewing audience, but if anyone has an idea of a better program with another camera manufacturer feel free to let me know. I know canon has a program for computer capture but haven't looked in to it much yet.

thanks again.

orangezeroalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links