Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 7, 2007, 7:44 PM   #1

I have a really strong preference for natural light (though I do have a ton of bounce cards) and am not very strong on flash knowledge. My primary reason for having a flash is family gatherings and occasionally for some fill help. I have a couple of SB28's that I use with my F's and they've been working fairly well manually with my digitals. With the D200 though they do not support any mode other than pure manual. I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to buy an SB800. I've never been very impressed with Nikon TTL. Is i-TTL better? Any comments appreciated.

jsfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 10, 2007, 9:23 AM   #2

Hi Jsfox,

I use a Nikon SB-800 and it works excellent on My D200. What is nice is you can take the flash off of the camera and fire it using the camera's built in flash as the master. I also have a Nikon SB-600 flash but it just not does as good as the SB-800. Not enough power most of the time.

I also have a Nikon SB28-DX flash but it does not use "I" TTL or have the wireless function at all.

I like the "I"TTL on the D200 using My SB-800.

Ronnie948 is offline   Reply With Quote