Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 4, 2007, 9:33 AM   #1

recently i took this photo using my new D200. i'm not so satisfy with this photo because the quality for the sky color not nice, it is look like low res photo, i can see the zig-zag line even i fit to screen to view it. this make me dissapointed because i didn't have any prob using my D70. Can anyone help me to check it is my camera prob? i did use the NEF to convert it to jpg using capture NX but the quality of the photo not much difference (i'm point to the sky, not the building). Please find below attachment.

for your info, this photo took using
quality = JPG fine (Max size)
ISO = 100
speed = 2.2sec
Aperture = f4
NR = Normal (camera setting)
process = only resize using Acdsee without doing any lighting or others adjustment.

thanks in advance.

Attached Images
koshinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:26 PM   #2

What you are seeing with the sky is light pollution. With the cloud cover it is even worse ith the light bouncing off of the clouds.
cnip288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:33 PM   #3

Hi Cnip,
thanks for your reply. as u mention, this is because the light pollution which is bouncing off by the cloud? is it normal?

koshinki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 2:53 AM   #4

The sky on this picture looks fine. As previously mentione, the color you see on the sky is from light pollution of the city. It stand out more because the picture was exposed at 2.2 seconds. This is normal, and the picture actually looks good.

The zig-zag you see when you view it on screen happens because the picture's resolution is probably higher than the screen you are using. This is caused by the way the software show the image on your screen. If you want the zig-zag to disappear during viewing, you have to view the picture in 100% resolution, or you resize the image to fit your screen.

rey is offline   Reply With Quote