Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:36 AM   #1

:? I have shot a lot of macro shots with a Panasonic Lumix FZ30. I have ramped up and got a Nikon D200 and have just purchased the Macro lens, waiting for delivery. On the Panasonic, I could frame through the LCD. On the Nikon, that is not possible. How hard is it to frame through the viewfinder? I am talking about using a tripod and taking the macros.
nsclcctl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2007, 10:43 AM   #2

I think framing through a DSLR viewfinder is easier than using an LCD on a compact, most of the time. The major disadvantage is in situations where it is difficult to get your eye down to the viewfinder because of the position of the subject.

Nagasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:42 AM   #3

I have one of the eyepiece magnifiers that works well when taking macro shots. They list two on the website, the one I have was for an older film camera but I could adapt it for my D70s. I have not tried it yet for my D80, I assume it's the same. I don't have to get as close to the finder to frame and it lets me check the focus more accurately. I'll check it out tonight when i get home on the D80.
ReneB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 9:26 PM   #4

I use the Nikon DR-6 right angle finder. It even has a 2x magnifier. Fits and works well with the D80 and should do the same with the D200.
jotajota is offline   Reply With Quote