Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Feb 18, 2007, 2:36 PM   #11

It appears there is no actual Bill. Here is a web page by the author of the petition.

thmitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 5:54 PM   #12

the web site sums it up...there is no such law ..so end of story :-)
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 8:05 PM   #13

This proposed House Of Commons Bill to ban photography in public places was mentioned a year ago in one of the photo journals. Whether such a Bill would pass first reading or not, is questionable, but it is a subject that all citizens should be concerned about as our lives come under increased scrutiny by the proliferation of surveillance cameras, and various levels of government. Nikon users as I am, are not immune. I have been approached several times by private security personnel when photographing downtown office towers in Toronto during the past year. My wife and I were saddened to see what has happened to the beautiful Grosvenor Square in London UK, where I worked forty years ago. Access for traffic at one end has been blocked by concrete barriers, and armed guards with automatic weapons patrol the front entrance to the building. Needless to say I was careful not to point my camera in that direction. Now in my seventies I would hate to see the day when a camera could only be used within the confines of ones home.
cricketer 100 is offline   Reply With Quote