Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jun 13, 2007, 5:06 PM   #1

Hello all. I just purchased a new Nikon D80 outfit (18-135mm lense) and want to get some opinions on accessories that I need. I am going to get a couple UV filters just to protect my lense. I would like ones that will let me use the lense cap while they are on. I also would like to get both a hard case and a soft case for it. I intend to eventually get a nikor 18-200 VR and mostly travel with just that lense. So with that in mind, could some of you more knowledgable people give me some suggestions. Also, I have searched and not found any chargers that can plug directly into the wall without the need for a cord. Is there such an item? I have an 8 GB SDHC card and will buy a second battery pronto, but are there any other accessories that I need? I don't plan on using a tripod or monopod initially, maybe later. Thanks in advance.

Maxxodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 14, 2007, 6:31 AM   #2

WhatI got for my D80...

SB-600 Flash

EN-EL3E batteries (extra 3 - total of 4 now(although you may not exactlyneed 4))

MB-D80 Grip for the above batterries...

MC-DC1 Remote... a MUST.

Sigma 70-200mm f2.8 HSM EX lens

Sigma EX 1.4 Teleconverter

Nikkor 60mm Micro lens

Manfrotto 055ProB Tripod

Manfrotto 468 MGRC2 Ball head (hydrostat)

Manfrotto 486RC2 Ball head

Manfrotto 681B Monopod

Manfrotto 785 Mini tripod

Lens Pen

4GB SDHC Mem card (8GB soon - get highest spec where possible)

Photoshop v10.0 CS3 and as many plugins as possible

I am not a pro with my camera but I found after lots of trial and error, I needed better gear as I went along. I have only had the D80 for 3 months now and have easily spent more than the cost of the same kit as you, in accessories and lenses. Haven't finished yet either. GULP...!!!

fewpics is offline   Reply With Quote