Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jul 1, 2007, 4:54 PM   #1

These are some of my first shots with my new Nikon D40 with the kit lens. i Cannot wait till i get some extra spending cash for a better lens!

My Kids

Our Dog Venus

English Bulldogs!

Any advice would be great!

Thanks for viewing!

ricanlinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 2, 2007, 5:14 PM   #2
Super Moderator

Congratulations on your new 'toy' always cool to have something new to play with (I'm a big kid and always like the excitement!!!).

Looks like you are having fun with it which is great. Some very quick thoughts to help the shots you have shown are to have used fill flash in the first one to help remove some of the shadow in the first one. When shooting animals get more to their level as this makes things a lot more interesting.

Keep playing and keep posting.... oh and I would be longing for a new lens until you have worked out how to get the best shots with what you have, by doing this then you will find out what you need rather than throwing money away.

Keep on shooting and I would suggest you post in the photo specific areas as you will then get people who have more knowledge in the area you have shot, this will help you learn even faster.

Mark1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3, 2007, 1:52 PM   #3

Looks like you and the D40 are getting along well. That kit lens is surprisingly capable to be so inexpensive, and one neat feature you might like to try is it will focus really close, though not a macro.
JDar is offline   Reply With Quote