Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Sep 2, 2007, 11:16 AM   #1

was roaming the bay for battery grips for the d40 but i couldnt find anything trustworthy, ofcourse, cause nikon havent released any for the d40, but.!
Emailed a seller to ask him where the battery compartment lid goes when inserting the battery grip n he replied with >

"you need to take off the battery clip on the camera body first and then mount the grip on the tripod mount of the camera bottem plate."

Is it normal to remove the clip when using battery grip...?

when i took out my battery,saw some connectors, (attached an image)
funny enough, some of these connectors are located on the opposite side of the shutter button inside the battery area

anyone knows if Nikon is planning a batterygrip for the d40(x).?

Attached Images
clue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2007, 2:48 PM   #2

The D50 also has those connectors behind a plastic piece, but neither nikon or other brands ever released a working batterygrip with vertical shutter for it. Only one that uses the Infrared port to use with the remote control option. (i have that one, and it is no fun to use the vertical shutter when you have to set your camera to remote control first. )
chris89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2007, 9:07 AM   #3

I assume by "clip" you mean the battery door. My D100 grip does require the removal of the door, which I don't like doing because it has to be pulled off with some force. The door stores in a small slot on the side when not in use. Also a rubber plug must be removed from the bottom of the camera; this has a small storage area also.
lzzap is offline   Reply With Quote