Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Oct 8, 2007, 6:16 AM   #1

Hello Eruditeness!

A friend which don't have till today a computer, want to know what will happen/occur if by his Son mistake a D-200 battery was loaded & charger in a D-70 charger?:?

Any input post will be extremely helpfully & gratefully!

Thanks so much for your good will

Alex :|007
Alex 007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 9, 2007, 2:09 AM   #2

Alex, short answer- I think it will be OK. The D70 uses a 7.4 volt 1400 mah Li-ion battery, and the D200 uses a 7.4 volt 1500 mah Li-ion battery, so I have a gut feeling that no harm was done. I don't know for sure, however, so it is just an (educated) guess. Buenos Suertes (sp). Robert
Hawgwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2007, 4:33 PM   #3

My brother has both a D70 and D200 and he often charges his batteries for both in the other chargers. The D200 battery is an EN-EL3e and uses an MH-18a charger. The D70, I think, is an EN-EL3 and uses an MH-18 charger (I might be wrong but I think that is correct).. The only difference is the EN-EL3e and the MH-18a have the extra contact for the overcharging circuit. Other than that, they are identical in construction. Maybe the output might vary a bit but, I doubt very much that putting it in the wrong charger will actually harm it. I have charged one of my D80 batteries (EN-EL3e) inmy brothersMH-18 charger accidentally and it works fine, although I did not charge it fully at the time...

Nikon lists the MH-18a charger as a D70 optional quick charger...
fewpics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:04 PM   #4

it will be fine, my friend sent in his D70 battery because of the recall and they replaced it with an EN-EL3e (D200 battery). I have also charged both batteries on both chargers with no ill effects.
cdfoto is offline   Reply With Quote