Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Jan 22, 2008, 8:12 AM   #1

Hello, I'm thinking of switching one of my canon cameras out for nikon d300 for its low light abilities.
I do action horse photography in indoor arenas both with or without flash according to situation... been using 20d (upgrading to a 40d), but thinking of upgrading my other 20d to D300 with use of wide angle zoom. Not extreme wide angle though. somewhere around 20 something to around 70 or 100. What I definately have to have is FAST focus, 2.8 or better. Tired of fixing major red eye when I use my big zoom with flash.

Just starting to cruise the nikon lens reviews... wonder what you guys use for this sort of photography. Have great 70-200 2.8L IS zoom for the canon, need to cover the other end now, and had no luck with canon so far in that area.

With the Flash photography the dark dirt just eats up the light, so that has been an issue also.

Any suggestions on lens? Any comments on difference between 40d and d300? Flash suggestions?

Rico1Bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links