Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Mar 17, 2008, 8:30 AM   #1

New here and am hoping someone can help. I purchased a Nikon D50 camera about a year ago, has worked flawlessly till this weekend> i have a 2gig card i have been using. i took it out of the camera to put in my reader to get the pics off of it and when i was done i went to slide it back in and it won't click into place. when i slide it all the way in the green light goes off on the camera but it just won't click into place. so i tried another card with the same results. the card slides in easy and fine, and i tried closing the lid to see if it would click it into place, well the lid shuts fine but there is an error about the SD card then.

anyway, is there something i can check or try and fix myself? B&H told me they do not do repairs so i am not even sure where to take it? i doubt its still under warranty so if i could take it somewhere local thats fine (pittsbugh, in case you know of any good shops here) any suggestions welcome

thanks for any help

trock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 17, 2008, 4:22 PM   #2

Try these for starters:

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:37 AM   #3

I had problems with my D50 and found the best solution was to get a hold of Nikon themselves.

It cost me the the price of a courier and $70 to get my camera completely cleaned and a tune-up.

Not much money at all to have quality camera fixxed.

incoming22 is offline   Reply With Quote