Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 29, 2009, 7:28 AM   #21

One of the great things about using manual focus lenses, is that it teaches you much more (& faster) about photography. If you just want to "get" pictures, you can use a point & shoot cam. For those of us who started with manual "everything" cameras, you learn photography much better, by doing your own focusing & metering. Yes - it is nice to have everything automatic now, but I still find myself using manual, a lot of times.
Some of the lenses the OP has from his Father are great Nikon lenses. While not worth much to sell as used, they are worth a lot to the OP to use on his new camera. In my mind, you are not "making do" with anything. You are using great lenses with a great camera and you will learn much more, much faster about photography. And, the great thing is, with digital, it does not cost you anything to make mistakes - just delete...........
I have a couple of the same lenses from my 35mm days, and I have used them on a D200 & a D300. Great combination!
DougKingston is offline   Reply With Quote