Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Nikon dSLR

Old Apr 8, 2009, 6:58 PM   #1

My D-50 suddenly will not turn on. It happened suddenly, with a nearly full battery. If I take the battery out and put it back in the green light flashes but it still will not turn on. Pressed the reset button and nothing. Removed memory card and deleted all the images and replaced it and it turned on for a split-second and back off again. Any suggestions??? I am scheduled to leave for Damascus, Syria, via Istanbul, for 4 months, in a few weeks, biggest trip of my life, and my camera is crapping out on meAny help???
pandemic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2009, 7:25 PM   #2

Put in a Different Battery ANDa different SD card, one or the other may be corrupted.Could be bad news.....also check the battery contacts and inside the camera w/ a flashlight for grunge or bent contacts.
Coax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2009, 5:40 AM   #3

Try all buttons, dials, and switches to make sure one of them isn't sticking. Using them will also help to clean any oxidation that may be preventing a good connection.

In addition to battery contacts potentially causing an issue (as mentioned by Coax), I'd check your lens contacts (body and lens) to make sure they're clean. Remounting the lens a few times can help to clean them, too.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote